how to repair DAMAGED CONCRETE FLOORS AND SLABS in LARGE areas
RESURFACING LARGE areas
LARGE SCALE FACTORY FLOOR & EXTERNAL YARDS
Surface repairs for spalled, eroded, flaking & pitted concrete floors and external hard standings.
- Remove all loose, unsound concrete and contamination by shotblasting (blastracking) the surface to ensuring that the concrete substrate is strong and open textured.
- Depending on the product to be used either:
a) saturate the concrete with water and after soaking remove any free surface water. Whilst the concrete is still damp mix the smoothing compound and scrub it into the surface with a stiff broom.
b) Apply two coats of primer to the dry substrate.
- Mix and pump the resurfacing compound over the area to the required thickness.
- Release trapped air and assist in levelling with a spiked roller.
- Allow to harden and traffic
Concrete Floor Repairs for more concrete floor repair and resurfacing products.
Back to list of methods